Trading Card Game
How to Play
A game of Music Makers begins with all playable cards revealed between each of the 2+ players. One player is fairly selected to go first, and play proceeds in a clockwise direction. On their turn, each player will draw cards and try to produce songs in order to acquire Cred. Play ends when there are no cards left to draw or none more can be drawn, and the player with the most Cred wins.
- Player Cards Members of your band or project. Standard Player Cards can be drawn without any requirements and are worth 1 Cred.
- Gear Cards Equipment such as guitars, keyboards or amplifiers that can be drawn if equipable to Player Card already on the team.
- Venue Cards Studios, clubs, theatres, arenas... pretty much anywhere music is played or recorded. These cards get harder to draw the more prestigious the locale.
- Song Medallions These tokens represent songs successfully written and recorded by a player’s band, and there are three types: Silver (worth 5 Cred), Gold (worth 10 Cred) & Platinum (worth 15 Cred).
- 6-Sided Die For determining outcomes of chance
Each turn players have the opportunity to create a song. To do so they roll a 6-sided die three times to determine which of their band’s stats will be tested.
The three types of songs require that the 3 stats corresponding to the 3 dice rolls be met by a member of your band or crew at certain levels:
- Silver Songs require all 3 stats to be met at a level of at least 7
- Gold Songs require all 3 stats to be at least 7, and for 1 stat to be at least 10
- Platinum Songs require all 3 stats to be at least 10
The 6 Stats correspond to:
- HAR — 1 on the die
- JAM — 2 on the die
- POP — 3 on the die
- VOC — 4 on the die
- EXP — 5 on the die
- HP — 6 on the die